Experience in Treatment of Patients Suffering From Diabetes Mellitus with the Use of Fetal Stem Cells
Smikodub A.I., Novitskaya A.V., Yefimov A.S.
Cell Therapy Clinic of National Medical University and Embryonic Tissues Center EmCell
Prescriptions for treatment of patients suffering from diabetes mellitus with the use of fetal cell suspensions (FCS) containing hematopoietic stem cells have been based on the experience gained through treatment of 56 patients.
In patients who received fetal stem cell treatment were noted:
- Syndrome of early post transplantation improvement of general state consisting in a decrease of weakness, restoration of ability to work, appetite and sleep. It was observed in 63% cases. It is clearly expressed during a month.
- Syndrome of psychophysiological changes, consisting in the improvement of physical and intellectual capabilities, of mood, increasing of general activity and vitality, has been noted in 48% cases (lasts for 6-8 months).
- Restoration of immune indices: increase in amounts of lymphocytes, T-lymphocytes and subpopulations of T-lymphocytes, decrease in the amount of B-lymphocytes 30% to 60%. The duration of this phenomenon ranged 3 to 8 months.
- Decrease in the level of glycemia in patients suffering from initially revealed insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. In 100% cases, the dosage of administered insulin after transplantation gradually decreased over the next 2 to 3 months. The average initial dosage of insulin was 0.76±0.06 units/kg/day. Decrease equaled 20-100% of the initial dosage (41% on average). In 65% cases, clinical remission of the disease was developed. Duration of remission was 5 to 14 months.
- Restoration of hemopoiesis in patients suffering from glomerulosclerosis complicated by chronic renal insufficiency and anemic syndrome.
Rezultat tretmana fetalnim matičnim ćelijama zavisi od: težine bolesti, starosne dobi pacijenta, doslednosti i privrženosti medikaciji i režimu. Rezultati tretmana, prezentovani na ovom sajtu, su individualni za svaki klinički slučaj.