Tretman mišićne distrofije
Cell Therapy Center EmCell offers stem cell therapy for different types of muscular dystrophy. Fetal stem cells (FCSs) have proved to be one of the options leading not only to reduced muscle wasting but even to some regression in the main symptoms of this disease.
In the course of MD treatment with stem cells, pools of genetically healthy cells are created in the patient’s body. These cell pools are capable of producing dystrophin, which can then penetrate affected cells. Moreover, during the course of determination, differentiation, and morphogenesis, transplanted stem cells produce pools of specialized cells that the patient’s body needs, such as muscular, nervous, endothelial, and so on. Stem cell treatment offers two main kinds of result:
- production of healthy muscle fibers: Stem cells without the genetic defect that causes MD can be delivered to a patient’s muscles, where they generate working muscle fibers to replace damaged ones.
- reduced inflammation: In muscular dystrophy, damaged muscles become quite inflamed and this inflammation speeds up muscle degeneration. Stem cells release chemicals that reduce inflammation, slowing the progress of the disease.
MD treatment takes place at different stages of the disease, at different ages, at different levels of muscle atrophy, and at different levels of patient capacity for independent motion—bedridden, in a wheelchair, or able to walk independently.
Fetal stem cells facilitate the synthesis of dystrophin, the deficiency of which causes the disease. Our treatment helps lead to:
- inhibition of MD progress;
- prevention of muscle fiber destruction and the preservation of muscle power and bulk;
- prevention of complications such as respiratory and heart failure;
- CPK, LDH, ALT and ACT declines indicative of a reduction in muscle destruction;
- preservation of relative activity and capacity for independent living;
- boosted immune system;
- better functioning of internal organs and systems;
- overall improvement in quality of life.
Within 24 years, EmCell has treated hundreds of patients with different degrees of improvements reported in 88% of cases.
Medical case reports
History of patient R. Diagnosis: DMD
Treatment of DMD in patient R. Medical case report No.1
Treatment of DMD in patient R. Medical case report No.2
Treatment of DMD in patient R. Medical case report No.3
Treatment of DMD in patient R. Medical case report No.4
Assessment of muscle tone in patient R.
Patient R., 8. Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Patient M., 30. Muscular Dystrophy
Patient R. M., 31. Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy
Patient C.M., 10. Muscle dystrophy, stage II